Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
A rich and creamy blend of bow-tie pasta, seasoned chicken, tangy sundried tomatoes and artichoke hearts. I love making this dish for company and I get many requests for the recipe. It's a one pot-dish that uses ingredients that pleases many palates. So pair it with a salad and you're good to go! I sometimes make this dish ahead of time and refridgerate it overnight. it tastes even better when the flavors are given at least a couple hours to develop. So reheat and relax!
- 3⁄4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- olive oil
- 3 -5 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups sun-dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (more if desired)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 (16 ounce) can artichoke hearts, chopped in half
- 1⁄2 lemon
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3⁄4-1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup basil, chopped (for garnish) (optional)
- 1 lb farfalle pasta, cooked al dente (bow tie, or whatever kind you prefer)
- Season the cut-up chicken pieces with the salt and pepper.
- Heat 4 tbsp of olive oil on low, in a saute pan (big enough to accommodate the entire finished product of chicken and pasta) and throw in the smashed garlic cloves, leave for 3-4 minutes (this flavors the oil).
- Raise the heat to med-high and add the chicken to the pan (at this point you may remove/discard the garlic, but I like to leave it in). Leave the meat to sear on one side 3-4 min and flip chicken pieces over, allow to cook for 3 min more. If the pan is too crowded move cooked chicken to a plate. Leave chicken to one side until ready to add in final stages.
- Add 2 tbsp olive oil to the pan and heat to medium heat. Add onions and saute until translucent, about 3-4 minute Add the sundried tomatoes and saute, careful not to burn for 2-3 minute.
- Return chicken to pan with drippings. Bring chicken to temp for about 5 minute and add seasoning mixture, stir to coat.
- Add the artichoke hearts and fold to combine. Be careful not to break up hearts.
- Squeeze lemon juice over chicken and add white wine. Simmer for 3 minutes. Add the sliced mushrooms, gently stir and let soften, about 3 minutes more.
- Add the chicken broth and carefully stir the mixture.
- Add the cooked pasta to the chicken and toss carefully.
- Add the heavy cream and simmer on low for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and sprinkle generously with Parmesan cheese, parsley and basil. Serve with extra Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
Absolutely delicious !