Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Food and Drink magazine.
- 450 g packages farfalle pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 slices thin pancetta, diced,about 2 oz
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 3⁄4 cup fresh peas or 3⁄4 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup finely crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped fresh mint leaves
- fresh ground black pepper
- Brin a large saucepan of salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook until al dente, 10-12 minutes.
- Set aside 2 tbsp of pasta cooking water.
- Then drain pasta.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large deep frying pan on medium.
- Add pancetta, stir occasionally, and cook until crisp.
- Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender.
- Add tomatoes, stirring until they begin to soften and release juice, 5 minutes.
- Stir in peas and salt.
- Cook until peas are hot.
- Add a generous sprinkling salt.
- If pasta is not cooked, reduce tomato mixture to low.
- Add drained pasta and reserved cooking water to tomato mixture.
- Stir to mix.
- Stir in feta until pasta is evenly coated and feta begins to melt.
- Stir in mint.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with additional Parmesan.