Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Food and Drink magazine.
Make and share this Farfalle With Cherry Tomatoes, Peas, Fresh Mint and Feta recipe from Food.com.
- 450 g packages farfalle pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 slices thin pancetta, diced,about 2 oz
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 3⁄4 cup fresh peas or 3⁄4 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup finely crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped fresh mint leaves
- fresh ground black pepper
- Brin a large saucepan of salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook until al dente, 10-12 minutes.
- Set aside 2 tbsp of pasta cooking water.
- Then drain pasta.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large deep frying pan on medium.
- Add pancetta, stir occasionally, and cook until crisp.
- Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender.
- Add tomatoes, stirring until they begin to soften and release juice, 5 minutes.
- Stir in peas and salt.
- Cook until peas are hot.
- Add a generous sprinkling salt.
- If pasta is not cooked, reduce tomato mixture to low.
- Add drained pasta and reserved cooking water to tomato mixture.
- Stir to mix.
- Stir in feta until pasta is evenly coated and feta begins to melt.
- Stir in mint.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with additional Parmesan.