From Food and Drink magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 450 g packages farfalle pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 slices thin pancetta, diced,about 2 oz
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 3/4 cup fresh peas or 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh mint leaves
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1Brin a large saucepan of salted water to a boil.
- 2Add pasta and cook until al dente, 10-12 minutes.
- 3Set aside 2 tbsp of pasta cooking water.
- 4Then drain pasta.
- 5Meanwhile, heat oil in a large deep frying pan on medium.
- 6Add pancetta, stir occasionally, and cook until crisp.
- 7Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender.
- 8Add tomatoes, stirring until they begin to soften and release juice, 5 minutes.
- 9Stir in peas and salt.
- 10Cook until peas are hot.
- 11Add a generous sprinkling salt.
- 12If pasta is not cooked, reduce tomato mixture to low.
- 13Add drained pasta and reserved cooking water to tomato mixture.
- 14Stir to mix.
- 15Stir in feta until pasta is evenly coated and feta begins to melt.
- 16Stir in mint.
- 17Season with salt and pepper.
- 18Serve with additional Parmesan.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Farfalle With Cherry Tomatoes, Peas, Fresh Mint and Feta
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 544.9
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 16.6 mg
- Sodium 369.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 94.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 19.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: