Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Giada De Laurentiis made this on her show and it looked soooo good! I could smell it through the tv! I have edited this recipe to cut the fat content and try to lighten the recipe. I think this should work better. EDITED: I made this for dinner tonight, but I had to make it with "corkscrew" pasta (DSS ate the bowties for a snack). I think it worked wonderfully...the ridges held the sauce nicely. This is a great dish and I will be making this often. The pepper does sneak up on you, so beware!! I also only used 3 anchovy fillets, which I found to be the perfect amount!! Adds a very nice depth to the dish.
- 1 lb farfalle pasta (bowtie)
- 2 heads broccoli, trimmed to florets (4 cups)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 5 anchovy fillets, diced (I used 3)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
- Add the pasta and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minute.
- After 5 minute add the broccoli florets to the pasta and stir. Cook for another 4 minute.
- Drain pasta and broccoli, reserving 1 cup of the pasta water.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the olive oil and butter over medium heat.
- Add the garlic, anchovies, and red pepper flakes and cook for 5 minute.
- Add the broccoli and pasta; toss to coat.
- Add some of the pasta water to make a nice sauce. Season with salt and pepper and Parmesan cheese and toss again to melt some of the cheese and thicken the sauce.
- Transfer to a platter to serve.
I was disappointed in the flavor of this. It could have used something more, perhaps garlic. It was rather bland and not "saucy" enough. It makes a huge quantity and since there are only the two of us, there's a lot left over which will go in the garbage.
i luv this one i did it without anchovys and red pepper flakes very heathy and good i think i can cook this everyday j/p :)
This was a wonderful side dish that we had with grilled chicken sandwiches. I used Extra-Light olive oil and only 2 Tbsp of butter. It turned out great. Thank you for the great recipe. I'll make this again! :)