1/3 Photos of Farfalle With Broccoli
Giada De Laurentiis made this on her show and it looked soooo good! I could smell it through the tv! I have edited this recipe to cut the fat content and try to lighten the recipe. I think this should work better. EDITED: I made this for dinner tonight, but I had to make it with "corkscrew" pasta (DSS ate the bowties for a snack). I think it worked wonderfully...the ridges held the sauce nicely. This is a great dish and I will be making this often. The pepper does sneak up on you, so beware!! I also only used 3 anchovy fillets, which I found to be the perfect amount!! Adds a very nice depth to the dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
- 2Add the pasta and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minute.
- 3After 5 minute add the broccoli florets to the pasta and stir. Cook for another 4 minute.
- 4Drain pasta and broccoli, reserving 1 cup of the pasta water.
- 5Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the olive oil and butter over medium heat.
- 6Add the garlic, anchovies, and red pepper flakes and cook for 5 minute.
- 7Add the broccoli and pasta; toss to coat.
- 8Add some of the pasta water to make a nice sauce. Season with salt and pepper and Parmesan cheese and toss again to melt some of the cheese and thicken the sauce.
- 9Transfer to a platter to serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Farfalle With Broccoli
Serving Size: 1 (306 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 789.2
- Calories from Fat 271
- Total Fat 30.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 40.2 mg
- Sodium 758.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 106.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.7 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 27.5 g