From Martha Rose Shulman
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1 -2 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese (nonfat or low-fat)
- 1/4 cup low-fat milk
- fresh ground black pepper
- 3/4 lb farfalle pasta
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives (or parsley)
- 1 ounce pecorino cheese or 1 ounce parmesan cheese, grated
- 1Bring a large pot of water to a boil; add 1 tablespoon salt; then drop in the asparagus; boil 3-5 minutes, until just tender; remove from water using a slotted spoon; refresh with cold water and set asparagus aside.
- 2Chop the garlic in food processor fitted with a steel blade; when it adheres to the sides, stop the machine and scrape down the sides.
- 3Add the cottage cheese; blend until fairly smooth; scrape down the sides.
- 4Add in the milk; blend again until smooth; add salt and pepper to taste; transfer to a wide pasta bowl.
- 5Bring the water in the pot back to a boil; add in the pasta; stir to make sure the pasta doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pot; cook until al dente; reserve ¼ cup cooking water and drain pasta.
- 6Stir the reserved cooking water into the cottage cheese mixture; add the pasta, asparagus, chives, and pecorino; toss to combine; serve hot.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Farfalle With Asparagus
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 404.6
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 12.0 mg
- Sodium 218.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 20.0 g