The arugula pesto is a nice change from the usual basil based pesto sauce. A quick recipe to prepare, and yummy enough for company!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb cleaned arugula
- 2 cups loosley packed Italian parsley
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 cups olive oil
- 8 ounces grated fresh parmigiano-reggiano cheese (plus extra cheese for garnishing)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons finely shredded lemons, rind of
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 lb farfalle pasta (bow tie shaped pasta)
- 1 lb precooked shrimp
- 1Pesto Sauce: Remove tough stems from arugula.
- 2In a large bowl, toss together the arugula and parsley, set aside.
- 3Place pine nuts and garlic in food processor, process until combined.
- 4Add olive oil, 2 cups cheese, salt, lemon peel and pepper to garlic mixture.
- 5Process until combined.
- 6Pour mixture into a medium sized bowl.
- 7In the same processor bowl, add about 1/4 of the greens and 1/4 of the cheese mixture.
- 8Process until combined.
- 9Remove mixture from processor and set aside.
- 10Repeat the steps# 7, 8 and 9 three more times, until all greens & cheese mixture have been processed.
- 11Return all the processed mixture to processor, and process again until everything is well combined.
- 12Makes 4 cups of pesto sauce, which can be stored (covered) in the refrigerator for about 1 week.
- 13Cook pasta according to package directions.
- 14While pasta is cooking, warm 2 cups of the pesto sauce, and warm the cooked shrimp.
- 15When pasta is cooked, drain well and toss with the warmed shrimp and pesto sauce.
- 16Garnish with additional grated cheese (to taste).
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Farfalle with Arugula Pesto and Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (564 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3794.6
- Calories from Fat 2517
- Total Fat 279.7 g
- Saturated Fat 53.0 g
- Cholesterol 427.9 mg
- Sodium 5876.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 197.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.9 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 132.2 g