The arugula pesto is a nice change from the usual basil based pesto sauce. A quick recipe to prepare, and yummy enough for company!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb cleaned arugula
- 2 cups loosley packed Italian parsley
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 cups olive oil
- 8 ounces grated fresh parmigiano-reggiano cheese (plus extra cheese for garnishing)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons finely shredded lemons, rind of
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 lb farfalle pasta (bow tie shaped pasta)
- 1 lb precooked shrimp
- 1Pesto Sauce: Remove tough stems from arugula.
- 2In a large bowl, toss together the arugula and parsley, set aside.
- 3Place pine nuts and garlic in food processor, process until combined.
- 4Add olive oil, 2 cups cheese, salt, lemon peel and pepper to garlic mixture.
- 5Process until combined.
- 6Pour mixture into a medium sized bowl.
- 7In the same processor bowl, add about 1/4 of the greens and 1/4 of the cheese mixture.
- 8Process until combined.
- 9Remove mixture from processor and set aside.
- 10Repeat the steps# 7, 8 and 9 three more times, until all greens & cheese mixture have been processed.
- 11Return all the processed mixture to processor, and process again until everything is well combined.
- 12Makes 4 cups of pesto sauce, which can be stored (covered) in the refrigerator for about 1 week.
- 13Cook pasta according to package directions.
- 14While pasta is cooking, warm 2 cups of the pesto sauce, and warm the cooked shrimp.
- 15When pasta is cooked, drain well and toss with the warmed shrimp and pesto sauce.
- 16Garnish with additional grated cheese (to taste).
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Farfalle with Arugula Pesto and Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (564 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3794.6
- Calories from Fat 2517
- Total Fat 279.7 g
- Saturated Fat 53.0 g
- Cholesterol 427.9 mg
- Sodium 5876.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 197.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.9 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 132.2 g