Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
great served at room temperature, this is a quick easy summer meal.
- 12 ounces bow tie pasta (farfalle)
- 10 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb sea scallops
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 cup fresh basil, julienned
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro or 1⁄2 cup basil
- 1⁄4 cup mint leaf, torn
- 1 cup arugula
- 6 lemon wedges (to garnish)
- cook pasta according to package directions.
- drain and toss w/ 1 tbsp olive oil.
- brush scallops with 1 tbsp olive oil and season w/salt and pepper.
- heat a grill pan, add scallops and cook until done, 1-2 minutes per side, remove.
- in a large bowl whisk together remaining 8 tbsp olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and cumin.
- season with salt and pepper.
- add farfalle, scallops, herbs, and toss well.
- garnish with lemon wedges, serve.
It is very hot here about now. This made a nice refreshing dinner for a summer evening. I used bay scallops and other than that followed the recipe as written. I did grate some fresh parmesan cheese over the top right before serving. Thanks for a wonderful dish!
Very simple recipe to make but has a great contrast of flavours with the fresh herbs. The mint I think adds great freshness to the pepper flavour of the arugula. I did not use any cilantro this time but I will do this again and add cilantro and maybe some finely sliced chilli. Great easy recipe.