Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This Summery pasta dish is from Shell on the IBS boards. I can't wait to try it.
Make and share this Farfalle Pasta With Zucchini, Mint, and Almonds recipe from Food.com.
- 5 medium zucchini, cubed (about 4 cups)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 20 almonds, peeled (approximately)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mint leaves
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (1 lb) package farfalle pasta (bow-tie)
- Set the pasta water to boil.
- Place zucchini in saucepan, cover with water, bring to a boil and cook till tender. Drain.
- Place mint, almonds, garlic and olive oil in a food processor. Mince finely.
- Add zucchini. Puree.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook and drain the pasta, pour into serving bowl.
- Add zucchini mixture and toss well.
I just loved this dish although I was pretty sceptical when I started cooking it due to the different reviews it has recieved so far. I was too lazy to wash the food processor afterwards so I just put the mint and almonds into the mortar. The result was chunky to beginn with, so I was prepared for the texture of the dish. I threw the Zucchini and Garlic into a pan and sauteed them, then aded the noodles, almonds and mint and tossed everything. I served it with freshly grated parmesan cheese and ground black pepper. Thank you so much for this wonderful recipe. I will definatley make this more often.
WHAT THE?!? I love zucchini, mint, almonds & pasta- so this seemed like a good idea. But the mint was overwhelming and the garlic coved up everything else. Any zucchini flavor was lost entirely. In addition, the almonds only added to the entire dish's weird texture. I'd say don't waste your ingredients - I think pan fried zucchini and almonds with a spring or two of mint and no garlic might be a better option over pasta- with maybe some tomato sauce, alfredo or cheese sauce to add more moisture and flavor. Yeah, that might be a MUCH better dish.
Save your pasta, zucchini, almonds, mint, etc. for other dishes. This combo is only good if you are trying to lose weight - a few bites and you will lose your appetite completely. The almonds give this dish a gritty texture like eating fine sand. If you do try this follow the advice of Thorsten, a half cup of mint is likely way too much. I still feel dizzy.