Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is Alva Carpenter's recipe from the SLIM LINES column, Thursday. Enjoy!
- 1 lb farfalle pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled,washed and crushed
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta to it.
- Cook for 12-14 minutes or until it is al dente.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium flame.
- Once its hot, toss in the garlic and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Add broccoli florets, salt, pepper and mutmeg.
- Cook for 4 minutes or until the broccoli is just tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Put the broccoli in a bowl.
- Add ricotta cheese to it.
- Now, drain the pasta and add it to the broccoli florets bowl.
- Toss and serve immediately.
Not impressed. Taste was very bland.
This was a good meal. I added sun-dried tomatoes and a little basil and oregano to give it a little more flavor. Thanks!