Recipe by David Deephanphongs
A simple dish I threw together when looking through the fridge for something to eat. To pare down to the cooking time I list, drop the farfalle in the water at the same time you put the garlic in the pan. You can also toss in a little sausage or ham(although that makes it non-vegetarian, of course)
Top Review by jenpalombi
This made for a nice, easy, light midweek meal. I sauteed half an onion (diced) and the bell pepper together first, then added the other ingredients as directed. I used tri-color farfalle, which looked quite nice with the red, green and white veggies! Thanks!
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 plum tomato, fine dice
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 8 ounces farfalle pasta (bowtie pasta)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook Farfalle very al dente, and drain.
- Heat olive oil on medium high in a large saucepan.
- Add garlic and sundried tomatoes, and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add diced plum tomato, and saute for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add white wine, stir for a minute, then add bell pepper.
- Let reduce for another minute, and add farfalle.
- Continue to reduce for another few minutes, stirring the entire time, until sauce is nearly completely evaporated.