Recipe by Deb's Recipes
This delicious pasta dish features chicken and spinach with mushrooms. It's a great weeknight meal that can be prepared and served in under 15 minutes. Created for RSC #11. Buon appetito!
- 1 1⁄4 lbs chicken breasts, evenly diced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small shallots, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 pinch cayenne chili pepper flakes (amount is per taste)
- 2 cups thinly-sliced fresh mushrooms (save time by using an 8-ounce carton of sliced mushrooms)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup white wine
- 8 ounces spinach, rinsed and chopped (thawed and drained frozen spinach may be used)
- 16 ounces farfelle bow tie pasta
- 1⁄2 cup shredded asiago cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions, or 11-12 minutes until al denté.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken and sauté 1-2 minutes; then add shallots, garlic, salt, and cayenne pepper flakes, and sauté another 1-2 minutes; then add mushrooms and sauté another 3 minutes until chicken is nearly done; sprinkle flour evenly over chicken mixture and stir it in; add wine, broth, and spinach; cook and stir 2 minutes until spinach is wilted, sauce thickens slightly, and chicken is cooked through.
- Drain pasta and add it to chicken mixture in skillet; toss well and heat through; transfer to serving platter, top with cheese, and serve immediately.