Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Delicious pasta which I had at a cooking class I went to recently. The teacher/chef said not to sub in milk for the heavy cream because you need the butter fat.
- In a large pot with about 1 gallon of water and 3 tablespoons of salt, boll the water, add pasta to boiling water. Cook according to package directions; drain.
- In a large skillet or pot melt butter.
- Stir in vegetables and cook until tender.
- Stir in smoked salmon and heat through.
- Stir in cream and reduce by half, tossing all ingredients together.
- Stir in cooked pasta and toss.
This was a really nice and subtle combination of flavors! I used half and half successfully here. I prepared the entire package of pasta but after it was cooked and as I added it into the rest of the meal, I didn't feel I needed quite all of it so I reserved a couple of prepared cups for another meal. I decided to add a sprinkling of grated romano cheese just before serving to each portion.