Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from a local restaurant called La Costa. It is a very creamy, flavourful pasta dish that is simple to make and a delight to serve. Guests will rave about it.
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 2 onions, finely diced
- 56.69 g sun-dried tomatoes, julienned
- 2.46 ml basil
- 1.23 ml thyme
- 1.23 ml oregano
- 14.79 ml minced garlic
- 709.77 ml whipping cream (35%)
- salt and pepper
- 118.29 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 453.59 g farfalle pasta or 453.59 g bow tie pasta
- In large skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add the chicken, onions, sundried tomatoes, basil, thyme, oregano and garlic.
- Sauté until chicken is almost cooked.
- Add the whipping cream and parmesan cheese.
- Continue to simmer until slightly thickened.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In large pot, bring water to boil and cook pasta until al dente.
- Toss the pasta with the sauce.
- Place in individual pasta bowls.
- Serve with freshly grated parmesan cheese and black pepper.
I am giving this recipe 5 stars because it satisfies my criteria for a 5 star recipe: sensational taste. Not only is this dish divine but it is very easy to prepare with ingredients readily available. The next time I make it (and I will) I am going to add more chicken. Thank you for sharing your recipe. We all loved it.
I'm giving this 5 stars because it satisfies MY criteria for 5 - would I make it again and would I serve it to guests? Yes, to both! Delicious, really delicious. And easy, especially since I always have these ingredients on hand. My simple modifications: First, I used more chicken, about 1.3#. Second, I used penne instead of farfalle. Third, I reduced the onion to (1), finely chopped. Fourth, was my method. I used some of the olive oil from the sundried tomatoes to saute the chicken breast strips about 90% done, then set them aside. Then I added the onion and 1/2 tsp. salt and sauteed until nice and soft, then the tomatoes, garlic and herbs and sauteed again until fragrant. Then I added the cream, pepper, and cooked low until reduced just a bit and beginning to get thick, then added the cheese and the chicken. I cooked until the chicken was heated through and finished cooking. Tossed with the pasta and served with more cheese. Wonderful! Thanks so much, JCMM! I will definitely make this again, and would definitely serve it to guests!
This was one of my choices for the July '03 Pick your Chef event. It is a very simple recipe with complimentary flavors. I will make this again. When I do, I will probably add a pinch of cayenne pepper for spice and I will garnish with a handful of chopped green onions. Thanks for a quick week night supper!