Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Another scrumptious tuna casserole.
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna packed in oil, drained and reserve oil
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lb farfalle pasta (bow-tie pasta)
- 3 (10 ounce) containerspurchased refrigerated alfredo sauce
- 2 cups thinly sliced green onions
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 teaspoons grated lemons, rind of
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper, if desired
- In a small bowl, mix breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese.
- Add in 4 tablespoons reserved oil from the tuna; stir to mix well.
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water according to package directions; drain well.
- Put drained pasta in a large bowl.
- Add in Alfredo sauce, green onion, peas, lemon peel, lemon juice, and salt and pepper; stir to mix well.
- Pour mixture into a 3-quart casserole dish.
- Sprinkle crumb mixture evenly over the top.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 20-25 minutes or until pasta is hot and topping is golden brown.