Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Here's a simple salad that doesn't take much effort to put together. It would be a good choice for your next potluck.
- 300 g farfalle pasta
- 300 g small new potatoes
- 200 g green beans
- 4 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 1 clove garlic, grated very finely
- 3 tablespoons best olive oil
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Cook the pasta.
- Drain, reserving a couple tablespoons of cooking water.
- Keep the pasta warm.
- Coordinate the cooking so the potatoes are ready at the same time.
- They will probably need to boil in a separate pan of water for 15 minutes.
- Cut the beans in half and boil them in salted water for two minutes.
- While the beans, potatoes and pasta are cooking, tip the pesto into a bowl large enough to hold the finished salad.
- Mix the garlic into the pesto, along with the olive oil and the two tablespoons cooking water.
- Put the pasta, potatoes and beans into the bowl.
- Toss and serve.
Sackville Girl, this is a heavenly dish! I like the beans and potatoes in with the pasta and pesto. I think this would be a great dish for entertaining, as well as potlucks, picnics, and just staying at home! The changes I made were: I used a homemade vegan pesto, quartered the potatoes, put the garlic through a press, and sprinkled a shredded soy parmesan on top. Deeee-licious. It kept its great flavor even as it cooled to room temperature. I'm looking forward to trying the leftovers right out of the fridge tomorrow. Thanks for a keeper of a recipe.