Prep 5 mins
Cook 28 mins
Why do the typical tuna casserole when you can Italian it up?
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- 10 black olives, sliced
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano, chopped (1 tsp., if dried)
- 1 lb farfalle pasta
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna in vegetable oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a skillet. Add onion and garlic and fry for 2-3 minutes. Add the tomatoes and bring to a boil. Add the wine and simmer for another minute. Stir in the olives, oregano, salt and pepper, then cover and cook for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to directions.
- Drain the canned tuna and flake with a fork. Add the tuna to the sauce with about 1/4 cup of the pasta water. Drain the pasta and mix with the sauce. Serve immediately.