1 hr 10 mins
From Chef Don Pintabona of New York’s Tribeca Grill
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb farfalle pasta (or baby shells, orecchiette, mezza rigatoni)
- 2 cups whole milk
- 6 tablespoons butter (plus extra for the baking dish)
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 ounces aged robiola cheese, broken into pieces
- 1/4 lb Fontina cheese, broken into pieces
- 1/4 lb taleggio, broken into small pieces
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 ounces gorgonzola, crumbled
- 1/3 cup seasoned Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat; cook pasta until al dente (10-12 minutes); drain and set aside.
- 3In a small saucepan over low heat, bring the milk just to a simmer (or scald).
- 4In large saucepan over medium heat, melt 4 tablespoons butter; add in onion and cook 3-4 minutes until soft and fragrant but not colored.
- 5Decrease heat to med-low; add in flour; cook, stirring, about 3 minutes.
- 6Add in scalded milk; increase heat to medium; bring mixture to a boil.
- 7Simmer, whisking, for 3-5 minutes, until thickened and smooth with chunks of onion.
- 8Remove pan from heat and gradually stir in the ribiola, fontina, and Taleggio, in batches, until the cheeses are incorporated (they need not melt entirely); add in pasta and stir to combine; season with pepper.
- 9Butter a 4 quart shallow baking dish; add the pasta; sprinkle with gorgonzola and bread crumbs; dot with the remaining 2 tablespoons butter.
- 10Bake on the middle oven rack 25 minutes, until bubbling.
- 11Remove from oven; increase oven temperature to broil; place dish about 4 minches from flame; broil 1-2 minutes until golden.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Farfalle Al Quattro Formaggi
Serving Size: 1 (230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 887.4
- Calories from Fat 328
- Total Fat 36.5 g
- Saturated Fat 21.7 g
- Cholesterol 101.6 mg
- Sodium 778.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 107.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 10.7 g
- Protein 31.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: