Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a great picante sauce,and a great base to start out for a salsa.
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 5 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 -4 jalapenos, seeds and all chopped
- 2 (28 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large pot,saute veggies in olive oil til tender. pour tomato sauce over, mixing well cook 10 minutes longer. Place into a large bowl. Chill 2 hours before using. Or immediately start adding in any veggies such as, green bell pepper,olives,cilantro,corn,beans,other peppers. for a great chunky salsa.