Recipe by callmaheen
This pie tastes almost like the Baker's Square one, but much healthier--so you can feel a little less guilty.
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 8 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon gelatin
- 1 frozen pie crust
- 3 eggs, separated
Directions See How It's Made
- First, take the frozen pie crust and bake it according to the package direction and let it cool completely.
- Take the gelatin and soak it in 2 tb spoon of water for 5 minutes. Now melt this on very low flame. Do not let this burn.
- Take the egg yolks and 6 table spoon of sugar and put it on top of a double boiler. Start whisking until it turns pale and thick.
- Add the melted gelatin.
- Now in a different double boiler, melt the chocolate and set it aside.
- Whip half the whipping cream until soft peak forms. Keep this refrigerated, until needed.
- Now in a very clean mixing bowl take the egg whites along with the remaining sugar and beat them until stiff but not dry.
- Take the chocolate and mix it with the egg yolks. Remember to pour the melted chocolate in the egg yolk mixture, not the other way around.
- Now fold them gently first in the whipped cream and then in the egg whites.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the baked pie crust and keep it in the refrigerator for at least 3 to 4 hours.
- In the mean time take the rest of the whipped cream and 2 tbs spoon of sugar and whisk it until stiff.
- After 4 hours, garnish the pie with sweetened whipped cream and chocolate shavings.