Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you really think about it, Chinese cuisine and Mexican cuisine have much in common. Omit the hot pepper if you wish, depending on your menu. Chinese black vinegar, if you opt to use it can be found in Asian markets. A CG original.
- 1 large avocado, peeled and pitted
- 2 -3 tablespoons full fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon chinese black vinegar or 1 teaspoon tamari
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro leaf, finely minced
- 1⁄2 green jalapenos (optional) or 1⁄2 serrano pepper, finely minced (optional)
- green onion, slices
- cilantro leaf
- black sesame seed
- In a serving bowl mash the avocado with the sour cream, vinegar and lemon juice using a fork.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well until creamy. (Cookgirl likes her guac creamy!).
- Cover top of guacamole well with a piece of plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour. Best eaten the same day it is prepared.
- Prior to serving, garnish guacamole with green onion slices, cilantro sprigs and a sprinkle of black sesame seeds.
- Yield is estimated.