Recipe by Chris from Kansas
This is a nice light lunch or dinner and is easy to make. Cook time is for marinading chicken.
Top Review by Vina
Seeing your picture reminded me that I hadn't yet reviewed what's become one of my favorite salads. I make it to your recipe, only changing out freshly ground ginger for the dried and adding a tsp. or so of sesame oil to the dressing. My supermarket deli sells a Chinese chicken salad that I've always loved. This has taken it's place. So now everytime I buy a readymade rotisserie chicken, I buy the rest of the ingredients to make this. It's almost as easy as buying it readymade and it's much, much cheaper. Tastier, too.
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup cooked chicken, chopped
- 4 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine vinegar, soy sauce and ground ginger.
- Add chicken and marinate for 15 to 30 minutes.
- In salad bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
- Just before serving, remove chicken from marinade, reserve.
- Pour marinade into cabbage mixture; toss.
- Top with chicken.