Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a nice light lunch or dinner and is easy to make. Cook time is for marinading chicken.
Make and share this Far East Salad recipe from Food.com.
- Combine vinegar, soy sauce and ground ginger.
- Add chicken and marinate for 15 to 30 minutes.
- In salad bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
- Just before serving, remove chicken from marinade, reserve.
- Pour marinade into cabbage mixture; toss.
- Top with chicken.
Seeing your picture reminded me that I hadn't yet reviewed what's become one of my favorite salads. I make it to your recipe, only changing out freshly ground ginger for the dried and adding a tsp. or so of sesame oil to the dressing. My supermarket deli sells a Chinese chicken salad that I've always loved. This has taken it's place. So now everytime I buy a readymade rotisserie chicken, I buy the rest of the ingredients to make this. It's almost as easy as buying it readymade and it's much, much cheaper. Tastier, too.
Due to the high bacteria rate with raw chicken, I would suggest cooking the marinade before pouring on the cabbage mixture.