Prep 15 mins
Cook 28 mins
This is the most wonderful change of pace recipe.It's a very elegant and pretty dish.And of course it tastes great too! People always want the recipe
- 4 cups celery, sliced in 1-inch pieces
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄4 cup pimiento, diced
- 1⁄2 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Bring a small amount of salted water to a boil.
- Add your sliced celery.(I cut it on the bias)Cook for no more than 8 minutes. You want it to stay crunchy.
- Drain and combine with the pimentos, soup, and water chestnuts.
- Place in a sprayed 9x9 casserole.
- Combine the breadcrumbs, almonds and melted butter and sprinkle over the top.
- Bake at 350F 20 minute until it bubbles.
- PS: If you can buy PANKO(Asian Breadcrumbs), use those instead of the soft breadcrumbs.
- The recipe is very old, and Pankowas not available.
We have been making this recipe in my family for at least 40 years. It is easy to make, delicious and something out of the ordinary. I'm so glad someone posted it!