Recipe by Koechin (Chef)
This is the most wonderful change of pace recipe.It's a very elegant and pretty dish.And of course it tastes great too! People always want the recipe
- 4 cups celery, sliced in 1-inch pieces
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄4 cup pimiento, diced
- 1⁄2 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a small amount of salted water to a boil.
- Add your sliced celery.(I cut it on the bias)Cook for no more than 8 minutes. You want it to stay crunchy.
- Drain and combine with the pimentos, soup, and water chestnuts.
- Place in a sprayed 9x9 casserole.
- Combine the breadcrumbs, almonds and melted butter and sprinkle over the top.
- Bake at 350F 20 minute until it bubbles.
- PS: If you can buy PANKO(Asian Breadcrumbs), use those instead of the soft breadcrumbs.
- The recipe is very old, and Pankowas not available.