Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Recipe source: Bon Appetit (October 1981)
- 2 cups raspberries
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier or 1 tablespoon other orange-flavored liqueur or 1 tablespoon use orange juice
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup grapes
- 1 cup pineapple chunk
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry, sliced
- 1 cup bing cherry, pitted
- 1 peach, pitted and sliced
- Combine raspberries and Grand Marnier in blender until smooth. Add sugar to taste. Transfer to a covered bowl and refrigerate.
- Scoop ice cream into bowls. Spoon fruit over ice cream and spoon raspberry sauce over fruit.
What a wonderful refreshing dessert after a long hot day! I used orange juice in the raspberry sauce and pineapple, grapes and peaches for the fruits. It was the perfect ending to our dinner of grilled hamburgers with Caesar and Bacon Potato Salad. Thanks bunches for sharing the recipe!
Lovely! I had to use some different fruits because not all were available at the moment. The raspberries and its sauce I replaced with strawberries since the raspberries were 4 times as expensive!