2 hrs 15 mins
I make these for Carm and his "bottomless pit" friends and their football (or "fantasy" football...men are such strange creatures) parties.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (16 ounce) packages Oreo cookies
- 16 ounces softened cream cheese (2 8 oz packages)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon mint extract (optional)
- 1 lb white almond bark
- 1 lb chocolate almond bark
- 1Let the cream cheese sit on the counter until it is room temperature.
- 2Put it in a bowl and mix in the extracts.
- 3Crush the oreos using a blender or food processor until they are the consistency of ground coffee.
- 4If you're REALLY a trooper -- some say it's better if you twist open each Oreo, scrape out the cream filling, and mix it into the softened cream cheese before crushing the cookies. I'll go THAT extra mile when I have a ring on my finger. Maybe. Until then -- it all goes in!
- 5By hand or using a hand held mixer, mix the crumbs and the cream cheese together.
- 6Tightly cover the bowl you mixed it in and refrigerate for about an hour.
- 7Take it out and roll the mixture into balls about 1 and 1/2 inch around -- or whatever size you'd like.
- 8Drop the balls onto wax paper and refrigerate another hour.
- 9Melt the white and chocolate bark separately right before you remove the formed balls from the fridge.
- 10Stick a toothpick into each ball and dip it into the bark to lightly coat.
- 11Make some white, make some black, make some a drizzly mix -- just have fun!
- 12It will take about 15-20 minutes for each coat of bark to harden -- so keep that in mind if you're drizzling white and then chocolate for decorative purposes.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fantasy Oreo Balls
Serving Size: 1 (27 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 40
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 146.1
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 12.5 mg
- Sodium 150.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white almond bark
chocolate almond bark