Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I make these for Carm and his "bottomless pit" friends and their football (or "fantasy" football...men are such strange creatures) parties.
- Let the cream cheese sit on the counter until it is room temperature.
- Put it in a bowl and mix in the extracts.
- Crush the oreos using a blender or food processor until they are the consistency of ground coffee.
- If you're REALLY a trooper -- some say it's better if you twist open each Oreo, scrape out the cream filling, and mix it into the softened cream cheese before crushing the cookies. I'll go THAT extra mile when I have a ring on my finger. Maybe. Until then -- it all goes in!
- By hand or using a hand held mixer, mix the crumbs and the cream cheese together.
- Tightly cover the bowl you mixed it in and refrigerate for about an hour.
- Take it out and roll the mixture into balls about 1 and 1/2 inch around -- or whatever size you'd like.
- Drop the balls onto wax paper and refrigerate another hour.
- Melt the white and chocolate bark separately right before you remove the formed balls from the fridge.
- Stick a toothpick into each ball and dip it into the bark to lightly coat.
- Make some white, make some black, make some a drizzly mix -- just have fun!
- It will take about 15-20 minutes for each coat of bark to harden -- so keep that in mind if you're drizzling white and then chocolate for decorative purposes.