Recipe by Cookin' Cop
This is my variation of the "Fantasy Fudge" recipe found on the lable of Kraft Marshmallow Creme. I find that using powdered sugar and cocao makes a nice change from baker's chocolate.
- 2 lbs powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups cocoa
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk (about 2/3 cup)
- 0.75 (1 1/2 stick) butter
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional) or 1 cup other nuts (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Set 2 cups of powdered sugar aside. You can also set aside up to 1 tablespoons to use for dusting the finished fudge, if you like.
- Combine remaining powdered sugar, butter, and evaporated milk. Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Continue to stir at boiling for approximately four minutes (until about 230-235 degrees on a candy thermometer).
- Add remaining sugar, shortening, and cocao.
- Stir for another 4 minutes or so, until well blended. Remove from heat.
- Add marshmallow creme, nuts, and vanilla, stir until all ingredients are well blended.
- Pour into foil-lined 8"x8" pan. Dust with powdered sugar if you like. Cool at room temperature for four hours. Cut into squares.