Recipe by Jeremiah Betty Minor
modified from the recipe found on back of the Kraft Jet-Puffed marshmallow Creme Jar.
- 3 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk (or 2/3 cup)
- 1 (11 ounce) bag semisweet chocolate
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme (or two cups of small marshmallows)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup walnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- line 2, 8 or 9 inch pans with foil.
- Bring Evaporated Milk, Sugar and Butter to a full rolling boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boill for 4 minutes or until 234 degrees on a candy thermometer. Remove from heat and stir in remailing ingredients. (I turn off the burner and use the residual heat to help with this step.) Pour immediately unto lined pans.