Recipe by Kit_Kat
I have had these delicious cookies as a part of my Christmas cookie trays since 2003. They are well loved. I have sometimes skipped the chocolate drizzle when time was short.
Top Review by Bigdreamer
I followed the directions. They were easy to make. I will double the recipe next time. My husband told me if there was a man catcher cookie these would be it! They were the first cookie to go and I got numerous requests for more. This will be a keeper! Thanks for the recipe!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 16 caramels
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 1⁄4 cups pecans, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vegetable shortening
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl cream butter and sugar.
- Separate egg, reserve white for later use add yolk to creamed mixture.
- Add milk and vanilla to creamed mixture, mixing well after each addition.
- In a separate bowl combine dry ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Combine creamed and dry mixtures with electric mixer; beat until well combined.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill for 2 hours or until dough is easy to work with.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small sauce pan melt caramels into whipping cream over low heat.
- Stir until mixture is smooth; set aside.
- Slightly beat reserved egg white.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- Roll balls in egg white then in pecans.
- Place balls one inch apart on cookie sheet sprayed with vegetable oil spray.
- Using your thumb, make an indentation in each cookie.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until edges of cookies are firm.
- Spoon caramel into indentation.
- Move cookies to wire racks to cool.
- Melt chocolate chips and shortening; cool mixture slightly then place in a zip top bag.
- When all cookies have been filled, clip tiny corner off of bag and drizzle chocolate over cookies.
- Let cookies stand until chocolate and caramel are set.
- Prep time does not include chilling time.