Recipe by Bonnie Young
Delicious bars you will believe they are a Fantasy
Top Review by Divinemom5
These were very good and so easy.I had milk chocolate chips on hand,so that is what I used.I want to try other flavors of cake mix and chips(ie:butterscotch chips,peanut butter chips,semi-sweet)I didn't find them 'dry',the top is somewhat crumbly,but the filling was fudgy.The kids enjoyed them in their lunch boxes.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (6 ounce) package chocolate chips (about 1 cup)
- 1 dash salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine cake mix, oil and egg.
- Beat on medium speed until crumbly.
- Stir in nuts.
- Reserve 1 1/2 cups crumb mixture: press remainder on bottom of greased 13 X 9 inch pan.
- In small saucepan, combine sweetened condensed milk, chocolate ships, salt and vanilla.
- Cook over medium heat until chips melt.
- Pour evenly over prepared crust.
- Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture evenly over top.
- Bake in preheated oven 25 to 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Cool thoroughly: cut into bars.
- Store loosely covered at room temperature.
- Makes 24 bars.