Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salad is easy to put together and tastes delicious. Don't let the list of ingredients fool you - they are items that you typically have on hand. In the salad, the combination of radishes, strawberries and avocado are a mixture of complimentary tastes and textures. Personally, I don't toss salads with the toppings because the toppings always seem to fall to the bottom of the bowl and you miss out on them.
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup onion, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard or 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 head romaine lettuce (cut or torn into bite-sized pieces)
- 1⁄2 cup radish, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup aged white cheddar cheese or 1⁄2 cup smoked cheddar cheese, cut into small cubes
- Mix all ingredients for the dressing in a blender or food processor. Blend for at least 2 minutes.
- Place the lettuce in a large salad bowl. Add dressing and toss.
- Top with radishes, strawberries, avocado and cheddar cheese. Serve immediately.
Excellent salad! The ingredients go very well together. I used aged white cheddar horseradish cheese and that was perfect. I cut the amount of oil in half, but that's all I changed. Thanx for posting!
Congrats! Your tasty is feaured on our homepage today as the "Recipe of the Day" (7/7/11)
This is a beautiful salad! It tastes as good as it looks! We haven't had many good avocados this year, but I had plenty for this salad. The dressing is so good! I had 2 lunch guests yesterday and this is what I served them, along with some great french bread. Thanks so much for sharing this beautiful, delicious salad, a real keeper! Made for an event at KK's site!