Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
For Xmas 2007, this will be our "healthy" vegetable dish. :)
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, sliced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 12 squares saltine crackers, crushed
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Steam broccoli and carrots in a steamer or a large saucepan with a steamer insert, until crisp-tender. Drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together mayonnaise, cheddar cheese, Tabasco sauce and green pepper. Add broccoli and carrots and remaining vegetables. Mix in parsley and basil, stirring gently to mix. Spoon into a greased 2 quart baking dish.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan. Add crushed crackers and stir until browned. Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle over vegetables and bake, uncovered at 350° F for 30-40 minutes.