Prep 2 mins
Cook 8 mins
This can be used in pies or other recipes calling for pudding. Add 1/4 cup chocolate chips after boiling for a chocolate pudding. Same for butterscotch etc.
- 2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients except vanilla in a saucepan.
- Stir well to eliminate lumps.
- Heat to boiling over medium heat, about 7 minutes.
- Boil for 1 minute stirring constantly.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Spoon into individual serving dishes.
- Serve warm or cold.
Love the maple syrup in this. Thanks for sharing!
I tried using Almond Breeze "Unsweetened" and kept the other ingred the same, and the taste was awful! But the consistency was still good! Maybe next time I will try soy or coconut milk. Excited to try it again.
Liked it. Not too sweet and the maple syrup gives it a special taste. Easy to make. I served ing it with fresh raspberries.