1/20 Photos of Fantastic Taco Casserole
I originally found this taco casserole recipe in a Taste of Home magazine. Since then, I have made this recipe at least 50 times. I love it because the ingredients list isn't complicated and, based on the layers, I can readily remember all ingredients when I am at the store without my recipe card. I have served this for myself and had wonderful leftovers or many times I have made it for company with a nice green salad to accompany it. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (15 ounce) can refried beans
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, divided (or mixed cheddar, jack etc.)
- 1 cup salsa (I prefer mild, but if you would like to kick it up a notch, go for it)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 (2 1/3 ounce) can sliced black olives
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 cups corn chips (coarsely crushed or chopped)
- 1Brown ground beef and drain.
- 2Add taco seasoning and cook according to package directions, adding proper amount of water.
- 3Put corn chips on bottom of 8x8" dish.
- 4Cook refried beans on stove until hot.
- 5Add 1 cup cheese and 1 cup salsa. Stir until combined.
- 6Pour beans over corn chips in dish.
- 7Add beef to top of beans.
- 8Sprinkle remaining cheese over top.
- 9Sprinkle green onions and black olives over cheese.
- 10Bake in a 375 degree oven until the cheese is sufficiently melted.
- 11Take out of oven and sprinkle chopped tomatoes on top. Wait 1-2 minutes and then serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fantastic Taco Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 349.9
- Calories from Fat 191
- Total Fat 21.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 72.8 mg
- Sodium 1190.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 24.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: