Recipe by Leilani
I originally found this taco casserole recipe in a Taste of Home magazine. Since then, I have made this recipe at least 50 times. I love it because the ingredients list isn't complicated and, based on the layers, I can readily remember all ingredients when I am at the store without my recipe card. I have served this for myself and had wonderful leftovers or many times I have made it for company with a nice green salad to accompany it. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
Top Review by Mandy ny
Very Good! instead of putting chips in bottom of dish I just put them on plates and spooned the mixture over top! Saved chips from getting soggy. Will make often. kids age 2 and 6 loved it! thanks for sharing
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (15 ounce) can refried beans
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, divided (or mixed cheddar, jack etc.)
- 1 cup salsa (I prefer mild, but if you would like to kick it up a notch, go for it)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 (2 1/3 ounce) cansliced black olives
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups corn chips (coarsely crushed or chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- Add taco seasoning and cook according to package directions, adding proper amount of water.
- Put corn chips on bottom of 8x8" dish.
- Cook refried beans on stove until hot.
- Add 1 cup cheese and 1 cup salsa. Stir until combined.
- Pour beans over corn chips in dish.
- Add beef to top of beans.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over top.
- Sprinkle green onions and black olives over cheese.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven until the cheese is sufficiently melted.
- Take out of oven and sprinkle chopped tomatoes on top. Wait 1-2 minutes and then serve.