Recipe by S. Merrill
This apple pie is wonderful because it is all natural with no artificial sweetener! The flavor is so good that even those that are not on restricted diets will enjoy it. Make sure you use a sweet-tart apple, as suggested
- 1⁄3 cup frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 cups thinly sliced peeled fuji apples or 8 cups honeycrisp apples
- 1 (9 inch) pastry for double-crust pie
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the apple juice, cornstarch, and cinnamon.
- Line a pie plate with bottom crust; add apples.
- Pour juice mixture over apples; dot with butter.
- Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; cut slits in top. Place over filling; seal and flute edges.
- Bake at 375°F for 35 minutes. Increase temperature to 400°F ; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until apples are tender. Watch carefully. If the crust starts to brown to quickly cover with foil.