Prep 12 mins
Cook 2 mins
This is so easy, but so impressive. Add red food coloring if you like it redder. I serve this with REAL whipped cream.
- 3 quarts fresh strawberries, halved, divided
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 10 inches pie shells, baked and cooled
- Mash enough berries to make 2-1/2 cups.
- In pan, combine the mashed berries, water, sugar and cornstarch.
- Mix well; bring to a boil; stirring.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, cool for 15 minutes; add remaining berries.
- Put in baked pie crust.
This was my first attempt at a strawberry pie. it is beautiful-yummy and easy.
I kind of combined this recipe with another that was similar but this one had better instructions. I used 2 lbs of strawberries, 1/2 cup splenda & 1 1/2 cups of water and added 1 tbsp vanilla. I didn't mash all the berries I only mashed about 1/2 cup to add to the water & cornstarch solution. It came out really well. I even added red food coloring for some color. For my 2nd try at a Strawberry pie I am rather pleased with myself.
I made one pie for guests. It was gone in two sittings and they bought more strawberries so I could make it again the next day. We had this strawbery pie four days in a row. They still want more. Should I make another one?