1/1 Photo of Fantastic Strawberry-Banana Trifle
This is one of the best trifles, angel food cake, fruit, and then a delicious light whipped fluff in between the layers, this is SO DELICIOUS!!!! This can be completely prepared well in advance and refrigerated until serving which makes this the perfect dessert to serve to guests. You can change the fruit to whatever you like and use whatever flavor pudding mix you like, you could use a chocolate angel food cake instead of the white. Make certain to soak the banana slices in the pineapple juice for about 5-8 minutes so they will not turn brown. This can really be layered anyway you desire, you will get rave reviews when you serve this to family or friends!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (12 ounce) container cool whip frozen whipped topping, thawed (or use whipped cream)
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (9 inch) angel food cake
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package cream cheese flavor instant pudding mix (or use vanilla pudding mix)
- 3 large kiwi fruits, peeled and sliced
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 3 -4 bananas, sliced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans crushed pineapple (drained, can use one can, I use two!)
- 1Prepare a large clear glass trifle bowl or a large glass serving bowl.
- 2Drain the pineapple then soak the banana slices in the juice for 5-8 minutes before using for the trifle.
- 3In a bowl fold the sour cream with the unprepared cream cheese pudding mix and Cool Whip topping until well combined.
- 4Using a serrated knife slice the cake into thirds horizontally.
- 5Line the large trifle dish with strawberry and kiwi slices (save some strawberry slices to decorate the top of the trifle).
- 6Place one layer of the cake into the bottom if the trifle dish, then top with 1/3 of the banana slices and then spoon and spread 1/3 of the crushed pineapple, then 1/3 of the Cool Whip topping mixture.
- 7Repeat with the second cake slice, bananas, pineapple then Cool Whip topping.
- 8Repeat one more time ending with the Cool Whip mixture on top.
- 9Top with the reserved strawberry slices in decorative fashion.
- 10Refrigerate until serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fantastic Strawberry-Banana Trifle
Serving Size: 1 (248 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 437.0
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 12.4 mg
- Sodium 446.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 54.5 g
- Protein 5.4 g