Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is one of the best trifles, angel food cake, fruit, and then a delicious light whipped fluff in between the layers, this is SO DELICIOUS!!!! This can be completely prepared well in advance and refrigerated until serving which makes this the perfect dessert to serve to guests. You can change the fruit to whatever you like and use whatever flavor pudding mix you like, you could use a chocolate angel food cake instead of the white. Make certain to soak the banana slices in the pineapple juice for about 5-8 minutes so they will not turn brown. This can really be layered anyway you desire, you will get rave reviews when you serve this to family or friends!
Top Review by debbiekg
I took this to a potluck dinner for 14 people. I got compliments all evening on it. It was the perfect end to a great meal. I used pound cake instead of angel food cake. And I used cheese cake flavored pudding mix. I added the crushed pineapple to the whipped mixture. I will definitely make this again.
- 1 (12 ounce) containercool whip frozen whipped topping, thawed (or use whipped cream)
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (9 inch) angel food cake
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) packagecream cheese flavor instant pudding mix (or use vanilla pudding mix)
- 3 large kiwi fruits, peeled and sliced
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 3 -4 bananas, sliced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans crushed pineapple (drained, can use one can, I use two!)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare a large clear glass trifle bowl or a large glass serving bowl.
- Drain the pineapple then soak the banana slices in the juice for 5-8 minutes before using for the trifle.
- In a bowl fold the sour cream with the unprepared cream cheese pudding mix and Cool Whip topping until well combined.
- Using a serrated knife slice the cake into thirds horizontally.
- Line the large trifle dish with strawberry and kiwi slices (save some strawberry slices to decorate the top of the trifle).
- Place one layer of the cake into the bottom if the trifle dish, then top with 1/3 of the banana slices and then spoon and spread 1/3 of the crushed pineapple, then 1/3 of the Cool Whip topping mixture.
- Repeat with the second cake slice, bananas, pineapple then Cool Whip topping.
- Repeat one more time ending with the Cool Whip mixture on top.
- Top with the reserved strawberry slices in decorative fashion.
- Refrigerate until serving.