Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this recipe from a co-worker about 15 years ago. She just called it "Fantastic Soup" so that's what we have always called it. It is very hearty and easy to extend...just add another can of beans and/or another can of beef broth. I have also extended it a little by simply adding some water. It is hard to mess up. I use Campbell's brand Minestrone and Rotel brand tomatoes. I prefer the stove top method...the flavor seems better somehow. But you can cook this all day in the crock pot after browning the ground beef and get good results, too.
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 3 (10 3/4 ounce) cans minestrone soup
- 2 (15 ounce) cans ranch style beans
- 1 (10 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- Brown ground beef over medium heat in a 5 quart dutch oven or soup kettle. Drain the fat and return beef to the pan.
- Add all canned ingredients.
- Stir and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 1 - 1 1/2 hours.