No need for a wok to make this, I have made this recipe using packaged stir-fry strips from the grocery store it makes it so much easier, reduce the broccoli slightly and throw in some pea pods too! Prep time does not include cooking the pasta, this is very good!
- 1 -2 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 1 -2 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 3 -4 cups fresh broccoli (cut in florets)
- 1 large onion, sliced (do not use sweet onion)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks (cut thinly into long strips)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili paste with garlic
- black pepper (optional)
- hot cooked spaghetti (or use a thick Asian noodle)
- Combine the cooked pasta and sesame oil; toss well to combine.
- Heat the peanut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add in ginger, garlic and dried chili flakes; saute for about 1 minute.
- Add in the broccoli and onion slices; saute for 3 minutes.
- Add in steak slices; saute for about 4-5 minutes or until cooked.
- Add in the cooked pasta/sesame oil mixture along with the soy sauce, brown sugar, oyster sauce and chile paste; cook stirring for 1-2 minutes or until the lo mein is heated through.
- Season with black pepper if desired.