Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is from the Ortega web site, I have made this many times in the past for get-togethers and BBQ' and everyone loves this dip! If you are a garlic lover like myself then add in some fresh minced garlic to the sour cream, but it is just as great without the garlic --- this dip can be prepared in advance and refigerated until ready to serve --- my Kittencal's Taco Seasoning Mix works well for this recipe!
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packageregular taco seasoning mix
- 8 ounces sour cream (low-fat is okay)
- 8 ounces prepared guacamole (store-bought or home-made)
- 1 cup shredded four-cheese Mexican blend cheese (is fine) or 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (is fine)
- 1 cup mild salsa
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1⁄3 cup sliced green onion
- 16 ounces tortilla chips
- In a small bowl, combine beans and the taco seasoning mix.
- Spread the bean/taco mix evenly over the bottom of an 8-inch square serving dish.
- Layer with the sour cream, then the guacamole, then the shredded cheese, then the salsa, then the chiles and last, the green onions.
- Serve with lots of tortilla chips-- delicious!
I was a little skeptical about the diced green chilies on top, but it was delicious! Thanks!
I am rather hesitant to review this recipe. I usually don't make 7 layer dips, I just eat the ones that other people make. I rated it according to what others said when they ate it. I originally made this for several preteen boys that were sleeping over. I needed something quick that could be made in advance. The boys tried it but it didn't go as fast as I thought it would. The adults that tried it liked it. <br/><br/> I probably could have left the chiles out because of the salsa or, better yet, just layered it differently. It kind of got lost on top of the salsa. I probably won't make this again.
This was so good and EASY!!!! I made this for my husband's birthday cookout and everyone RAVED over it. I prepared it that morning and just took it out of the fridge when I was ready to serve it! How easy is that?? I followed the directions exactly as written and I wouldn't change a thing! Thanks for the great recipe!!!!
Updated 12/24/10 I made as written again but I don't like the appearance of it with the green chilies and green onions on top so next time I make it, I will put the cheese on top. Still very good, of course!