Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This recipe is from the Ortega web site, I have made this many times in the past for get-togethers and BBQ' and everyone loves this dip! If you are a garlic lover like myself then add in some fresh minced garlic to the sour cream, but it is just as great without the garlic --- this dip can be prepared in advance and refigerated until ready to serve --- my Kittencal's Taco Seasoning Mix works well for this recipe!
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packageregular taco seasoning mix
- 8 ounces sour cream (low-fat is okay)
- 8 ounces prepared guacamole (store-bought or home-made)
- 1 cup shredded four-cheese Mexican blend cheese (is fine) or 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (is fine)
- 1 cup mild salsa
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1⁄3 cup sliced green onion
- 16 ounces tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine beans and the taco seasoning mix.
- Spread the bean/taco mix evenly over the bottom of an 8-inch square serving dish.
- Layer with the sour cream, then the guacamole, then the shredded cheese, then the salsa, then the chiles and last, the green onions.
- Serve with lots of tortilla chips-- delicious!