Recipe by Claudia Dawn
This is an easy, rich sausage gravy with just a little kick to it if you choose to add the hot sauce.
Top Review by Chef Eric on the Side
Good bisquit and gravy recipe. I had to use a little more flour than what it called for to thicken it up. It could be because I used milk rather than the half and half because that is what I had on hand.
- 453.59 g sausage or 453.59 g hot sausage
- 4.92 ml nutmeg
- 29.58 ml finely minced onions (optional)
- 59.14 ml self rising flour
- 4.92 ml sage
- black pepper, to taste
- white pepper
- 24.66 g packagemccormicks pork gravy mix
- 0.25 ml hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 473.18 ml half-and-half
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry sausage in skillet cutting apart as you cook to make small pieces.
- Drain and reserve 1/3 c of grease.
- Remove sausage from skillet.
- Return the 1/3 c of grease to it.
- Whisk in the self rising flour until brown.
- Return the sausage and all other ingredients Heat until thick.
- Serve over biscuits.