Prep 30 mins
Cook 55 mins
A hit in Tasmmania. This recipe was adapted from Martha Stewart's Pies and Tarts. I am originally from NY, and made this for Christmas and also for a Body Shop party that I hosted. EVERYONE WANTED THE RECIPE.
- 2 cups fresh cooked pumpkin puree
- 3 medium eggs
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pie shell
- Preheat oven to 180c/350f.
- Boil pumpkin until soft.
- In a large bowl lightly whisk the eggs.
- In a food processor, puree pumpkin.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pie shell and place on a large baking pan to catch any spills.
- Bake the pie for about 45-55 minutes or until the filling is set and the crust has browned. (the center will still look wet) (A knife inserted about 1 inch from side of pan will come out almost clean.).
- Serve at room temp with maple whipped cream.