Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is a filling that can be used for stuffing any kind of cooked pasta you desire...I use this even for lasagna filling...it is very good! (note: cook time is for baking the filled pasta)
- 1 (300 g) package frozen spinach, thawed and excess moisture squeezed out well or 1 package fresh spinach, chopped
- 1⁄2-1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 -3 cloves minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 -3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (or to taste)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon sugar (optional)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a frypan saute the onion and garlic until tender; add in the lemon juice and spinach, stir to combine with the onions and garlic (if using fresh spinach, stir until the spinach starts to wilt); set aside and cool.
- After cooling the spinach mixture, combine the Ricotta cheese, eggs, Parmesan cheese, sugar (if using), salt and pepper; mix in with the spinach mixture Fill any large cooked pasta shell with the mixture, top with 1-1/2- 2 cups of favorite tomato/pasta sauce, top with grated mozza cheese, then bake for approx 45 minutes.