This is SO good!
Make and share this Fantastic Orange Loaf recipe from Food.com.
- Beat butter, sugar and 1 egg well.
- Beat in 2nd egg.
- Stir in rind and jucse.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Add to orange mixture til just mixed.
- Place in a grease loaf pan.
- Bake 325F 1 hour.
- Mix glaze ingredients in a saucepan. Heat and stir to dissolve sugar.Spoon over top of loaf while still warm.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
A+ recipe. I followed recipe exactly except read reviews and poked holes on top too. It took exactly one hour. It didn't say how much orange zest so I used one orange (honeybell). This recipe is definitely a keeper.
This is delicious! I didn't bake the full hour, and poked holes before glazing also! :). Will definitely make this again.
This is a great recipe! It actually uses orange juice in the batter. So many other recipes use only the zest. I poked holes in the loaf before I spooned the glaze on top. The recipe makes one large loaf or three small loaves. I've already made this three times --- my neighbor's tree is loaded with oranges! Thanks for the recipe. (Has anyone tried it with Meyer lemons?)