Prep 1 min
Cook 0 mins
Try using different flavors of syrups and ice cream --- this is soooo delicious!
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream (or 1 large scoop)
- club soda (cold) or seltzer water (cold)
- canned whipped cream (optional)
- Pour the milk into one tall 16-ounce glass.
- Stir in syrup.
- Add in ice cream and enough soda water or selzer to fill almost to top of glass.
- Top with whipped cream if desired.
- Serve with a long spoon and a big straw.
Wonderful. And it is an ice cream soda. An egg cream is just a drink- no ice cream.
This is not an Ice Cream Soda. It's more of an Egg Cream with Ice Cream. Ice Cream Soda: Chocolate Syrup Seltzer Ice Cream Whipped Cream Egg Cream: Chocolate Syrup (traditionally Fox's U-bet) Seltzer (Not club soda) Milk
Speaking as an old Howard Johnson hand, this is how we made ice cream sodas. No measuring necessary ~ soda glasses had marking on them. First squirt was the cream, then syrup. Push the seltzer back to get a strong stream of soda to mix the cream and syrup. Put some seltzer into the glass, add the scoop of ice cream and add more seltzer to fill. <br/><br/>It's been probably 45 years and I could still go behind the soda fountain and make these treats. From my years living in NYC, an egg cream is just chocolate syrup and seltzer. I liked mine with ice.