Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is one of my family's all time favorite mushroom recipes, you can double the recipe, I have left the garlic as optional if you are a garlic lover I suggest to add in and you may adjust the amount to taste --- you will love this! :)
- 59.14 ml butter (4 tablespoons)
- 907.18 g fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (optional or adjust to taste, I most always add in)
- 158.51 ml sour cream
- salt and pepper (I use seasoned salt)
- 29.58 ml all-purpose flour
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 236.59 ml shredded mozzarella cheese (or to taste, Swiss also works well)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease a shallow baking dish.
- In a medium skillet saute the sliced mushrooms with butter over medium-high heat (if using garlic add in with the mushrooms).
- In a small bowl, blend together sour cream, salt, pepper and flour.
- Add to the mushrooms in the pan.
- Heat until JUST beginning to boil.
- Transfer to a baking dish.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and cheese.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes.
What a disappointment this dish turned out to be. We love mushrooms and cheese, but this was not a keeper for us. The sour cream mixture did not elevate the flavor of the mushrooms. I used king oyster mushrooms, button mushrooms, and beech mushrooms and would have preferred them simply sauteed in butter and garlic.
OMG!! This was great following to letter... ...the next time I added Chopped red peppers, green onions, and crumbled bacon, and used as topping for baked potatoes! BIG HIT!
This was fantastic! A huge hit with our family & a definite do-over on a monthly basis or more frequently. The only change I made was to reduce 1/2 c white wine in the pan after the mushrooms we were browned. Other than that, I followed the recipe to the letter. Awesome!