This is one of my family's all time favorite mushroom recipes, you can double the recipe, I have left the garlic as optional if you are a garlic lover I suggest to add in and you may adjust the amount to taste --- you will love this! :)
- 1⁄4 cup butter (4 tablespoons)
- 2 lbs fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (optional or adjust to taste, I most always add in)
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper (I use seasoned salt)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (or to taste, Swiss also works well)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease a shallow baking dish.
- In a medium skillet saute the sliced mushrooms with butter over medium-high heat (if using garlic add in with the mushrooms).
- In a small bowl, blend together sour cream, salt, pepper and flour.
- Add to the mushrooms in the pan.
- Heat until JUST beginning to boil.
- Transfer to a baking dish.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and cheese.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes.