Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This recipe makes a large amount but don't worry when you taste this you won't be able to keep your spoon out of the bowl it is *that* delicious! Plan ahead this salad *must* chill for 24 hours before serving. Adjust the Tabasco and all seasonings to taste. This is perfect for a barbecue get together or to take to a potluck!
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans (rinsed and drained, you can use 2 cans if desired)
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 small jalapeno pepper (seeded and finely chopped) (optional)
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn niblets, drained (can use two cans)
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 cups grape tomatoes (or to taste, added in just before serving)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil (or use Canola oil)
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste or use 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt (or to taste, or use 1 teaspoon white salt or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- Tabasco sauce (to taste, or use cayenne pepper to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl whisk together, oil, vinegar, lime juice, sugar, garlic, cumin, chili powder, cilantro, seasoned salt and black pepper until well combined.
- Add in Tabasco or hot sauce to taste.
- In a large glass bowl toss together all the beans, bell pepper, jalapeno pepper, corn and sliced red onions.
- Pour the dressing over the bean mixture; toss to coat the season with white salt and more black pepper if needed.
- Cover and chill 24 hours mixing once or twice during chilling time.
- Just before serving mix in the grape tomatoes.