Prep 24 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This recipe makes a large amount but don't worry when you taste this you won't be able to keep your spoon out of the bowl it is *that* delicious! Plan ahead this salad *must* chill for 24 hours before serving. Adjust the Tabasco and all seasonings to taste. This is perfect for a barbecue get together or to take to a potluck!
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans (rinsed and drained, you can use 2 cans if desired)
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 small jalapeno pepper (seeded and finely chopped) (optional)
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn niblets, drained (can use two cans)
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 cups grape tomatoes (or to taste, added in just before serving)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil (or use Canola oil)
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste or use 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt (or to taste, or use 1 teaspoon white salt or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- Tabasco sauce (to taste, or use cayenne pepper to taste)
- In a bowl whisk together, oil, vinegar, lime juice, sugar, garlic, cumin, chili powder, cilantro, seasoned salt and black pepper until well combined.
- Add in Tabasco or hot sauce to taste.
- In a large glass bowl toss together all the beans, bell pepper, jalapeno pepper, corn and sliced red onions.
- Pour the dressing over the bean mixture; toss to coat the season with white salt and more black pepper if needed.
- Cover and chill 24 hours mixing once or twice during chilling time.
- Just before serving mix in the grape tomatoes.
Perfect salad for a Mexican buffet!
A really delicious salad - thank you! This gets rave reviews from everyone.
I really love dishes like this! I did tweak a few things- I skipped the garbanzo beans and used orcas instead, and subbed red pepper for the green. This was so easy to make, and the slightly spicy dressing was just perfect. I'll definitely make again!