Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a great meat loaf. It's moist and delicious and the sauce is fabulous.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs, soaked in
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Add all ingredients for meat loaf and mix well.
- Shape into loaf and put in loaf pan.
- Rough the top of meat with a fork and cover with the sauce ingredients which have been combined.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
This is the best meatloaf that I ever made! Really easy to put together with things I had on hand- I made this exactly except I added extra chopped onions (1/2 cup instead of 1/4). The breadcrumbs soaked in broth seemed to work very well- Everyone loved this Thanks LizCl for this great recipe.