Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a fantastic clone for the store-bought marshmallow fluff and one I have used for years, it's easy to make and so much cheaper than the store-bought, I always use this instead of the real thing and it freezes well also, see note on bottom --- use this in any recipe calling for marshmallow fluff, I have also made this using dark corn syrup it is just a little darker in colour but it works just as well :)
- In a large bowl, combine egg whites, corn syrup and salt; beat with mixer in high speed for 10 minutes or until thick.
- Add in icing sugar; beat on low speed until blended.
- Beat in vanilla until blended.
- Use this in any recipe called for marshmallow creme.
- *NOTE* This recipe makes a lot of fluff, but may be frozen for later use, just remove from freezer and stir well with a spoon, or it can be refrigerated for up to 1 week, just make sure to stir well with a spoon before using.
I cut this recipe down to use 1 egg white, 1/2 c. corn syrup, 1/8 t. salt and 1/2 c. powdered sugar. Perfect for use in Fantasy Fudge.
I haven't had marshmallow fluff in so long that I was jazzed to try this. I immediately made a peanutbutter and fluff sandwich, YUM!! Then I used a toarch and toasted some and made a taosted marhmallow milkshake, again YUM!!!. Next I'm going to try graham cracker cupcakes with chocolate fundge centers and toasted marshmallow tops.
I have been using this receipe for some time and it is so much better then the store bought stuff. It is excellent and I encourage anyone looking for fluff to try it. bajajoan